background

background

Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's a Boy!! & Halloween Week

So a lot has happened this past week! This is another long blog entry. If it's too much for you, just break it up and read a little each day. Because you know it won't get another update until next weekend... so work out your reading plan accordingly.


The best thing for me to tell you is that we found out that our 2nd baby is a boy! I would have been happy either way... but I'm very excited that I'll have the chance to help raise a boy in addition to raising our daughter, Raegan. We don't have a name yet.


I included 3 pictures from the ultrasound. I won't explain what you're seeing... but here they are if you want to see. (I hope this is the last time pictures of my son's business shows up on the Internet... but I have to put pictures of the ultrasound out here for the grandparents to see)


On the same day that we found out that we're having a boy... we also found out that Hannah's Grandmother passed away. That's a lot of emotion for one day! The funeral was Saturday. Though the circumstance was sad, it seemed to be kind of a reunion for some of the people. Hannah had a couple of moments... but she has handled it well.
I wish I had some pictures of Raegan with Grammy & GrandDad at the funeral and afterward. She was so cuddly to them. It's like she would go to them just to hug them. It was sweet.

Friday night was Raegan's 2nd Halloween. This time she was a little more aware of what was happening. Her costume was a lady bug (that she borrowed from her cousin Ava). I think she made a cute little bug!


Our neighborhood has a Halloween party every year. When we walked out of our house, we asked Raegan if she was ready to see Drew at the party. She just started marching with a mission over to Drew's house. See the sequence of photos below.

When she got over there, Drew was in the yard. I thought she was going over to say hey... but she went to their sidelite at their door... and it seemed that she was more interested in Molly. Raegan loves dogs! After Raegan said hey to Molly through the door, she warmed-up to Drew a little.

Then we all got ready to walk over to the party (hosted at one of our neighbor's house). I think Raegan wanted to steal the Cohen's pumpkin. Good thing it was too heavy!

We went on to the party. It was a good time and it really made me kind of sad that we're trying to sell our house and leave this neighborhood. It's a really great neighborhood and we have great neighbors! Below is a slideshow with some random pictures from the party. But first, I have to show you Raegan's first Trick-or-Treat experience...

Raegan's very first Trick-or-Treat experience ever was at Drew's parent's house, Brian & Karen Cohen. Raegan was a little unsure at first. See the sequence of pictures below.

Thank you Karen for being patient while Raegan worked-up the confidence to approach you and the bowl of candy! We didn't give Raegan a basket of any kind. We didn't figure she would really trick-or-treat. Raegan was so proud of her candy... and even generous... she offered it to Hannah.

Right after the party, there was a whole caravan of people to go door-to-door. We got a little crowd at the beginning. It seems that sometimes people avoid our house because of all the stairs to the front door.

Raegan helped us wait for more trick-or-treaters. She thought this was a lot of fun.

OK... so here is the Halloween slideshow. (I have to give credit to Courtney DeFeo... I stole a couple of the pictures from her) . Notice the last picture of all the wagons. I guess the wagon we got Raegan is popular among the neighbors too. Seems like last year it was all strollers. I guess a lot of kids in the neighborhood are close to the same age... so move from stroller to wagon together.

Yes... I still have more to blog. Earlier this week, Hannah and Carrie played their first T2 Tennis match. They won in 2 sets! I played Brian... and lost again.

Earlier this week also, we discovered that Raegan is allergic to Penicilin. Only mildly.

I took off work on Friday and got my car fixed and got shots for our dogs, Bristo & Luci. (expensive day). I also thought I was going to vote early... but decided to wait until Tuesday and hope for shorter lines.

Today, we went to a good service at Buckhead Church and had lunch with the McCant's afterward. Then Hannah & Carrie played their 2nd T2 match and unfortunately lost in the 3rd set. At the end of the match, Raegan and I walked down and watched. Drew & family came down for a little while too and I snagged a couple shots of them playing.



Have a good week!!

2 comments:

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

tony - love the long posts and that you keep it updated. you're quite the blogger. raegan was a precious bug. PLEASE don't move! we love having you guys here.

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

and - congrats on the baby boy! what fun.